Forest Service Cabins

Forest Service cabins are on public lands administered by the forest service. You use the land with a special use permit and there is a yearly fee for this use.  The fees are paid once per year and are issued for 20 year intervals.  You also pay taxes to El Dorado County based on 1.25% of the sales price.  Other important factors are that you need to pay cash, the roads are not plowed and there is typically no winter water.

Let me know when you have additional questions. If this is not the type of property you are looking for, that’s ok, as there are far more conventional properties on the market than these cabins so your selection would be much greater. Please utilize my site for ease and convenience in your search.  The link below will take you to the Forest Service page that contains in depth information as well as a sample special use permit.

echo cabin